Summers famous memo

Fellows, Jeffrey jmf9 at cdc.gov
Thu Oct 29 10:12:00 PST 1998

A reprint of the memo is also in Peter Dorman's book Markets and Mortality (Canmbridge U. Press, 1996). Correct me if this title is wrong. Jeff

---------- From: Doug Henwood [There was some talk of this famous Larry Summers memo, now said to have been written for Summers by Lant Pritchett, here recently. I scanned the juicy bit for a Russian economist who wants to use it in a column, so I thought I'd share the fruits of the effort with the list. It's from a memo commenting on a draft of the World Bank's annual Global Economic Prospects for the Developing Countries, and was dated December 12, 1991. Summers was chief economist of the World Bank when Pritchett wrote this in his name. - Doug]