Archie Bunker's Nightmare

Tom Lehman uswa12 at lorainccc.edu
Fri Oct 30 05:36:36 PST 1998

Dear Doug and the LBOers,

Well folks, it's that time of the year again, election time. I've got to go down to democratic party headquarters and pick up my bag. Back in the good olde days there probably would have been some pictures of dead presidents in the bag, but, I'm not expecting any such luck today.

Now to ask a little rhetorical question, who gets the pictures of dead presidents today? TV, "media consultants" and other high tone types, thats who gets lubricated. The poor bastard who goes out and rallies his district, whats he get? He don't get shit!

So, here is my solution to the problem and a good way to increase voter turnout. All of the democratic district leaders become" media consultants". After the election they submit a bill based on the number of votes the candidate got in their district. Now I realize this would take some fine tuning, and I'm sure some of the high tone types on the list would have some good ideas on how they could get cut in on the action.

A little triva did you know that Leo Toltsky, Nick "the geek" Bukahirin and other famous dead Russians were once part of George Washington Plunkitts team back in the old days in little olde New York? Also, did you now that V.I. Ullanov in his collected works vol.13, page 198, says," I owe it all to the "great" George Washington Plunkitt."

Sincerely and humbly, Tom L. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/19981030/a9b83058/attachment.htm>