Goya Correction

Greg Nowell GN842 at CNSVAX.Albany.Edu
Fri Oct 30 12:34:18 PST 1998

Submitted by an LBOer: I think Greg Nowell was referring to Goya's painting, Dos de Mayo which depicted the Madrid revolt against Napoleon's 'liberation' army take over of Spain. The next is, Tres de Mayo, the eight and half by twelve foot canvas depicts the firing squads at night executing prisoners taken the previous day. But later, the second of May also became the traditional celebration day for the first republic.

Nowell:

Yes, I had the country right, and the title wrong. -- Gregory P. Nowell Associate Professor Department of Political Science, Milne 100 State University of New York 135 Western Ave. Albany, New York 12222

Fax 518-442-5298