Y2K Rapture

Christopher Niles cniles at ricochet.net
Fri Oct 30 15:39:46 PST 1998

K,

Tho I am by no means an expert in programming matters, I am convinced--in a cautious kind of way--that Y2K is a pretty big deal. In fact, knowing what I know now, I am a bit embarrased to admit that I basically ignored the issue until 2 months ago. I must say that I have been rather impressed with the reactionary responses (sorry) I get from many lefty types when I ask them what they think about Y2K ("a bullshit issue," "simply a capitalists diversion," "just another opportunity for capitalists to make big profits," "just a bunch of millenialist getting worked up over nothing" etc). I suspect that has something to do with thinking that anything the Christians are making so many silly end-of-the-world noises about could not possibly be of any general importance and certainly not a matter of significance to "leftists." Oh well. I suppose it makes a certain kind of sense that one group of millenialist would try to distance itself from its millenial roots by denoucing another as "millenial." I myself wonder if Y2K will open up any political, etc. opportunities for anti-authoritarians...I don't know, but it is, I believe, a question well worth considering.

Now, since the "left" has been so silent on Y2K, it should come as no surprise that the best information on the subject is to be had from decidedly non-lefty types. For starters, check out theocracy advocate Gary North's well-researched/well-linked site at www.garynorth.com...and let me know what you think.

Niles

DC New Abolitionists "Abolish the white race, by any means necessary."