How to Calm Down

Tom Lehman uswa12 at lorainccc.edu
Wed Sep 2 11:09:41 PDT 1998

Dear Jim und Max,

Wait for the exhale. The first breath of bad news will blow this market into a tailspin.

Jim, I noticed your mention of your old college pal. Well, my old college pal and a guy I cooperated with to graduate is now sort of the Shirley McClaine of TV economists. I get a big charge out of seeing him on TV or listening to him on the radio. My guess is that right now he is in Machu Pechu getting in touch with his inner feelings. The guy was heart broken when In These Times wouldn't review his new book a year or so ago---I mean Carl Marx, Shirley McClaine, John Maynerd Keynes and Rachel Carson in a hot tub together in the Andes---I thought it was fun myself. Although, I do have to hand it to him, how many people start their own institute and discipline.

Jordan, just remember they got big Al on tax evasion. Capone that is not Greenspan.

Have a wonderful day, Tom