Don't bet the farm!

Patrick Bond pbond at wn.apc.org
Wed Sep 2 15:14:36 PDT 1998

1. At the Non-Aligned Movement conference today the SA delegation led by Mandela tried to push for a global commitment to social (especially anti child labour) clauses in trade and investment agreements, but was rebuffed by South Asian countries.

2. Bonier supports the IMF recapitalisation, does he not, in the very crucial upcoming vote which could see the Fund short some $18 billion? What's with him?