Kautsky parle

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Fri Sep 4 21:16:32 PDT 1998

> I agree with Greg Newell's comments on the perfection of the American
> system, and the uselessness of waiting for a revolution.
> . . .

Knowing or not knowing that a revolution could happen doesn't necessarily have any bearing on what to do in the meantime, at least in some endeavors. That you 'know' is not going to change the political fact that most people don't know, wouldn't believe you if you told them, or wouldn't care even if they thought you were right. Politics is more a matter of what is practical in the near term. This doesn't necessarily exclude major changes.

If revolution is about a planned economy, I wouldn't look forward to it. I don't think anybody has a clue on how to do it. Other types of positive transformations are plausible, if less "revolutionary."

Keeping my options (most of them) open,

MBS