Kautsky parle

Paul Henry Rosenberg rad at gte.net
Sun Sep 6 00:28:01 PDT 1998

Christopher Niles wrote:

> While all you folks are arguing the
> best way to reach the masses, there are whole squads of cyberlibertarian
> drones out there dominating political discussions at sites where there
> OUGHT to be a real political contest going on.
>
> Well, I think the web is a useful tool too but no real political contest
> is going to happen in cyberspace.

I beg your pardon, Chris, but real political contests happen in every conceivable location. Enormous numbers of young people are online and ignoring cyberspace as a locus of serious political struggle is INCREDIBLY stupid. Their experiences now could shape their political views for a lifetime. Time's a wastin.

Of course, doing stuff online isn't a substitute for other kinds of work, that should go without saying, but the incredible potential for informing, misinforming or disinforming is just too damn obvious to ignore.

-- Paul Rosenberg Reason and Democracy rad at gte.net

"Let's put the information BACK into the information age!"