Kautsky parle

John K. Taber jktaber at onramp.net
Sun Sep 6 08:06:35 PDT 1998

Paul Henry Rosenberg wrote:

> Christopher Niles wrote:
>
> > While all you folks are arguing the
> > best way to reach the masses, there are whole squads of cyberlibertarian
> > drones out there dominating political discussions at sites where there
> > OUGHT to be a real political contest going on.
> >
> > Well, I think the web is a useful tool too but no real political contest
> > is going to happen in cyberspace.
>
> I beg your pardon, Chris, but real political contests happen in every
> conceivable location. Enormous numbers of young people are online and
> ignoring cyberspace as a locus of serious political struggle is
> INCREDIBLY stupid. Their experiences now could shape their political
> views for a lifetime. Time's a wastin.
>
> Of course, doing stuff online isn't a substitute for other kinds of
> work, that should go without saying, but the incredible potential for
> informing, misinforming or disinforming is just too damn obvious to
> ignore.

And how, and amen. Please, guys and gals, come join us in the newsgroups. I have a very limited goal, preserving Social Security, and I need all the help I can get.

I realize you all have grander goals, but you need to talk to us in the newsgroups.

It's tough, and it isn't fun, but it has to be done.