More gore

Tom Lehman uswa12 at lorainccc.edu
Tue Sep 8 10:10:40 PDT 1998

Dear Doug and the LBOers,

The first time I got a chance to size up Clinton and Gore in person was back during the 1992 campaign when they spoke in front of the Cleveland school board building. I had been aware of both of them since the mid to late 1970's,but, I just couldn't get real excited about either one of them because they were both southern politicians. Although, Clinton had impressed me as having a hint of a western flair. I was looking for some redeeming qualities in this pair of whoopies.

I got a great vantage point to see the festivities by going up to an usher and saying the magic word known only to union democrats. I also got a well dressed gentleman into the reserved area, who turned out to be the head of public relations for a big union tire mfgr. by simply saying, he's with me.

Shortly, Clinton and Gore came up on to the platform to be greeted and introduced by Cleveland Mayor Mike White. Before the introductions Mayor White launched into a pants hiking ritual with the future president. Clinton responded to Mayor Whites flash of inspiration with wildly articulated pants hiking in return. They both did and undid their belt buckles a few times along with straightening out their private parts etc. In the meantime Gore is standing very stiffly watching this inner city ritual play out. Then Mayor White cast a glance over in Gores direction. Gore very rigidly grasped his belt buckle and shook it back and forth a few times. Then the ritual was over and the speeches began.

Sincerely, Tom