re Kautsky parle, baby steps

Juliana Shearer julie at siliconengines-ltd.com
Wed Sep 16 16:20:40 PDT 1998

Carrol asked about my post, which got lost in the economic hoopla. I don't keep any messages, but maybe somebody else could repost my initial post if they have it...

Mostly I was just commenting on the fact that most people in the so-called worker class are aware that the capitalist system and its upholders are taking advantage of them, but that they do not follow up this knowledge because they do not really believe in revolution.

And on the other hand, the only non-intellectual types that I run in to that expect revolution are those racist whites who expect that the black people of America are going to rise up and kill them some day.

In my neighborhood, which is predominately Hispanic, the police close the streets at night whenever there is a Mexican or Puerto Rican holiday. I still haven't been able to find a cop to ask what it is that they are trying to avoid by closing the area. When the Bulls were playing in the championship, they had police out in full riot gear at every corner along Fullerton for more than a mile.

Brett Knowlton was optimistic about my ability to change, so I feel much better now ["I think your pessimism is based on behavior which is largely encouraged by our social institutions as opposed to being innate and/or insurmountable."]