Renegades: Cockburn, Mandel, etc

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Fri Sep 18 13:23:06 PDT 1998

Rakesh Bhandari wrote:

> Mr LoCasio's criticism is a brilliant one, only marred by his neglect of
> Cockburn's greatest outrage--his dimwitted psychobabble critique of the
> Unabomber, the authentic voice of the revolutionary proletariat.

I must agree with Cockburn. The Unibomber, although brilliant in some of his analysis, failed in my book because he specifically stated that it was ridiculous to spend any effort on bringing disabled people into the mainstream of society - I am paraphrasing and don't have his exact words at hand. The Unibomber did not make the connection that it is the proletariat class which is by far acquiring the most disabilities at the hands of the capitalists exploitation of them as laborers.

Marta Russell