Promoting Mass Purchasing Power

Doyle Saylor djsaylor at primenet.com
Sat Sep 19 13:46:38 PDT 1998

Hello everyone,

Max Sawicky writes with swaggering bravado Saturday Sept 19,98: "Fifty bucks. On September 15, 1999, close of trading in NYC, I say the Dow will be above 3000. You say it won't. Henwood holds the money. Put up or shut up. (Redmond and other takers, your money is also welcome.)"

Doyle Hmmmm. Dang that is mighty tempting. You know I went down to my local licquor store, and the bottle of Lagavulin costs $50.00. So Max is so focused upon get hard cash he can't see that Mark is offering up I think a $300.00 bet (based upon six bottles to the case). Lagavulin is a mighty tasty scotch. Peat flavor is fine and mellow. Hmmm but fifty dollars sounds pretty good to me a year from now. Hmmmmm If I move on this now, before the crowd gets beyond Max's resource to pay up or shut up, I could be having a good bottle of Lagavulin at deflated prices, and thinking that is good Max, thanks.

Doyle Allright Max, except one condition, between now and Sept. 15, 1999, the dow gets below 3000, not it is below 3000 on Sept 15. Hell the Sawicky family fortune might just tilt the Dow up over 3000 just to make a point. Goes down below 3000 by Sept 15, 1999, but could be above 3000 on that day. Same thing ain't it Max? Wanna bet me? regards, Doyle