Refuting Pipes

James Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Sat Sep 19 14:14:50 PDT 1998

I think an evaluation of Lenin's behavior as a politician requires comparing his behavior with other political leaders who presided during times of civil war. For example in the US President Lincoln as commander in chief countenanced shocking brutality and terror by the Union forces (for eample General Sherman's "March to the sea" in order to suppress the slaveholders' rebellion. He rode roughshod over the Constitution and over the Bill of Rights which of course Russia had never had in the first place. And Lou Proyect can probably tell us about how the Indians were treated under his administration. I think that this is the standard for evaluating Lenin and I don't think he comes off too badly.

Jim Farmelant

_____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]