CPI Shaving?

Tom Lehman uswa12 at lorainccc.edu
Mon Sep 21 04:16:30 PDT 1998

Dear John, Brad and Max,

Can someone give me an example of how the CPI effects graduated income tax brackets. Also what would be the magnitude of a tax increase with a 2/10's of 1% cut in the CPI on an annual basis. Another words how much revenue would be raised by cutting the CPI 2/10's of 1%. Would that many people end up in higher tax brackets? Anyone seen any numbers on this?

Sincerely, Tom