CPI Shaving?

James Devine jdevine at popmail.lmu.edu
Mon Sep 21 08:05:37 PDT 1998

>Brad mentioned that the CPI would be the same
>for Soc Sec and bondholders. I had heard the
>contrary, but I don't want to challenge him
>on it until I am certain. As you indicate,
>this would make for an interesting scandal.

there was a short article (with the headline "News of the Weak in Review") in a recent NATION about this. I for one don't know if it's true or not that different standards are applied to bond-holders than to SS pensioners. But I'd like to know the NATION's sources...

Jim Devine jdevine at popmail.lmu.edu & http://clawww.lmu.edu/Departments/ECON/jdevine.html