Blair on reform of world finance.

John K. Taber jktaber at onramp.net
Tue Sep 22 19:35:18 PDT 1998

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Under the new police state, "antiterrorist" regime, NYU was completely
> cordoned off to protect Clinton, Blair, Prodi, & the Bulgarian whose name
> escapes me. Washington Square Park was surrounded by concrete blocks,
> fences, and cop cars. (City Hall has recently gotten similar treatment; I
> don't know if this is permanent, or just while the alleged embassy bombers
> are kept in a nearby jail, but about half of City Hall Park is now
> off-limits.)

The NY times today has a wonderful picture of a limousine drooped over an anti-terrorist barrier. The damned thing popped up on a hair trigger, and smashed into the limo from underneath.

The limo was carrying the Japanese Defense Minister Fukushiro Nukaga with our Secretary of Defense, William Cohen to a meeting at the Pentagon. Nukaga and two other Japanese officials in the limo were injured.

The article says nothing on their impressions of our defense systems.

It's a great picture.

-- Those are my principles, and if you don't like them, I have others.

--Groucho Marx