friedrich list, PROPHET OF NATIONAL POWER

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Sep 25 09:44:12 PDT 1998

Rakesh:
>I am not only arguing that List is the prophet of national power politics;
>more fundamentally he is of course the voice of a domestic industrial
>bourgeoisie.

A domestic industrial bourgeoisie? Merciful heavens! I'm glad that Rakesh alerted us to the threat posed by these "voices of a domestic industrial bourgeoisie." The scales have fallen from my eyes. We were dealing with a bunch of NO-GOOD FASCISTS all along, when I thought we were dealing with commonplace bourgeois professors.

Now that I think about it, when I watch McNeill-Lehrer from time to time, I am struck by the similarity between economists like Lester Thurow, Paul Krugman, Peter Passell and Nazi leaders such as Joseph Goebbels, Herman Goering and Albert Speer. If there's a dead giveaway, it's that they all are the voices of a domestic industrial bourgeoisie. Forget about the racial supremacy business. That's just a smokescreen. It's support for a domestic industrial bourgeoisie. Let's form a workers self-defense militia right now. There are fascists everywhere, including the Columbia Business School. Smash the fascists now! Down with Corporate Finance 101, the modern Gestapo!

Louis Proyect