friedrich list, PROPHET OF NATIONAL POWER

Arno Mong Daastøl arnomd at online.no
Fri Sep 25 11:44:03 PDT 1998

Rakesh Bhandari: "Arno is obviously a dim witted racist white boy.."

Congratulations with the excellent level of dicussion!

Arno

-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]On Behalf Of Rakesh Bhandari Sent: Friday, September 25, 1998 5:57 PM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: RE: friedrich list, PROPHET OF NATIONAL POWER

In his last post Arno refers to me as Rajneesh.

And Louis now writes about me "For all of his Marxist jargon, and "indoctrinated into in college political science courses, whose influence Rakesh seems to have trouble casting off."

Arno is obviously a dim witted racist white boy and Louis simply dim witted. I have nothing further to say to Arno.

Proyect has obviously not read Neumann who seems to have fallen out of favor with Horkheimer and Adorno; for example the translation and publicaton of Behemoth was suppressed for more than two decades.

Proyect seems not to understand German fascism as a continuation of imperialist battles to redivide the world.

I refer him to Neumann's analysis of the relationship between English and German imperialism, as it historically evolved--pp.200ff

Perhaps convinced that the Great Wars were no such inter imperialist rivalry but really (as he doubtless learned in his government courses) a battle between democracy and fascism, Proyect seems to have no interest in the historical evolution of racial imperialist doctrine and practice and instead wishes to commence his analysis with the economic conditions in Germany alone of the 1920s. But such a time and place bound analysis will not do.

I am not only arguing that List is the prophet of national power politics; more fundamentally he is of course the voice of a domestic industrial bourgeoisie.

And I remain surprised that *The Nation* would publish a paean to him.

Marx and Engels views on nationalism, Lenin vs Luxemburg on the same--these are very difficult questions, and will confine myself here to my criticism of that left liberal journal's Listian turn.

best, rakesh