"wildcatters"

J Cullen reporter at eden.com
Sun Sep 27 09:51:50 PDT 1998

According to one longtime Texas political observer I checked with, Richardson and Murchison were only partners in one deal, to buy the Pennsylvania Railroad. I don't know what happened to that. As far as the oil bidness, they may have had some business dealings but in the main they operated independently.

My source confirmed that Murchison was the more conservative of the two; Richardson was mainly pragmatic and any of his dealings were on a quid pro quo basis.

-- Jim Cullen

---------------------------------------- THE PROGRESSIVE POPULIST James M. Cullen, Editor P.O. Box 150517, Austin, Texas 78715-0517 Phone: 512-447-0455 Internet: populist at usa.net Home page: http://www.eden.com/~reporter ----------------------------------------