"wildcatters"

Tom Lehman uswa12 at lorainccc.edu
Mon Sep 28 17:48:41 PDT 1998

Dear Jim,

Back in the mid 80's someone wrote a two part story for the Nation entitled How the Democrats Lost Big Oil. No one at the Nation remembers the story, which I thought was quite good. It really explained why Texas has become so southern rather than western. I really miss thinking of Texas as a western state. I really like Joe Bob Briggs and the Sons of the Pioneers are my all time favorite c&w group---I like classical music.

As far as this religious business goes...most of these "pastors" never got to the back of the book. They know a lot about smitin' and smootin', but, no much about anything else. Although I do think that the execution of that crazy woman in Texas not to long ago may have registered a little with Falwell, Robertson & Co.

Sincerely, Tom