Krugman in New Republic

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 27 10:10:08 PDT 1998

Break time greetings-

>But Keynesianism does not steer clear of that truly dark neo mercantalism
>of which List was an prophet. Keynesianism will help to bring that world
>on along with indirect real wage cutting and immiseration through
>inflation and complex monetary games.
>
>best, rakesh

Jeez Rakesh-I love when you talk this way! I've learned a lot from weeks of following your posts, but it hasn't been easy. When you start siteing all that stuff, I worry that your not sleeping. But THIS post hits the nail on the ole head. Plain as day.

Do I care who this Krugman clown is? Is he very influencial? What a fuck. He and that Sachs guy should be immasculated with a putty knife. They get paid for this shit. Makes me proud to be a waitress.

The Invisible Hand is shooting a bird at the American taxpayer, pass it on.

bodhisatva:

>I think the IMF are being fascists
>because they are too stupid and weak to be good capitalists. They beat up
>on these little governments because they are a bunch of self-important
>bureaucrats with a captive audience.
>
>I think you're being much to nice here. If we apply the LaFlamme TO STUPID
TO BE TRUE THEORUM to this situation, we realize the true intent of these folks is to reach exactly the place they were heading for all along AND THAT IS WHERE THEY ARE.

oR AS Rakesh just put it:

>*Imperialist industrial capital achieves further centralization through
>acquistions at fire sale prices; the bankruptcies that follow from
>austerity, high interest rates and changed accounting rules are in the
>interests of the most powerful firms, both domestically and
>internationally. And wage gains can be reversed in this environment as
>well.

Bye

pms

Whoever asked awhile back, I did not attend school in San Fran. That would have involved some planning which would have gone against the grain of those times. University of South Florida and very little attendance at that.