Yoshie, don't unsub yet

Fri Apr 2 20:26:50 PST 1999

> For example, your post was the first place that
>I read about Ibrahim Rugova, who was allegedly murdered, being alive and
>on Serb TV.

Yes, as WDK suggests here, this is a rather massive vindication of Yoshie's argument. Am I correct to conclude that there has been no comment on this by the LBO bombers? What wimps!

I wonder what Brad "The Big Election Guy" DeLong thinks about NATO overriding the elected official Rugova by appealing to the KLA thugs for an imprimatur for its imperial adventure.

National Public Radio made little of Rugova's appeal today; actually nothing of it for the top 15 minutes of the news broadcast that I listened to. I don't watch television; what was said by the major tv network news shows? The NYT wrapped that story in another one on the front page today and refused to really meditate about why Rogova's position is utterly fatal to the legitimacy of NATO, which now does seem to be on an imperial mission to break up Yugoslavia, establish bases and extend its tentacles East--as Yoshie has been brave enough to argue from the outset. It is not possible to argue that the KLA is not primarily a NATO creation at this point.

By the way, Chris B, it seems rather obvious to me that a critique of the KLA is not an apology for Milosevic. Calling Yoshie a social fascist only highlights that you are a buffoon.

After all is said and done, Yoshie will appear to have been an eagle who flew high over these little hens in the pen of reaction. I am with John M on this.

That all these humanitarian benefits could be expected from US military intervention and NATO does bring us back to the question of the demographic weight of real live communists not in the US but in the left itself. It seems that in the US Oskar himself would probably be red baited...by leftists who need him for only one thing: advocacy of interest rate manipulation for full employment capitalism.

Yours, Rakesh