Yoshie, don't unsub yet

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Sat Apr 3 12:58:12 PST 1999

> > For example, your post was the first place that
> >I read about Ibrahim Rugova, who was allegedly murdered, being alive and
> >on Serb TV.
>
> Yes, as WDK suggests here, this is a rather massive vindication of
Yoshie's argument. Am I correct to conclude that there has been no comment on this by the LBO bombers? What wimps! >>

Hey Rakesh,

Yesterday you were the soul of collegial courtesy, today you're name-calling bombers, buffoons, and wimps. What's up with that? If you enjoy this terminology, how would you like being described as an apologist for neo-Nazi genocide? Not fun, eh? I thought things had simmered down a little bit over the past two days. Why not let's keep it that way?

Here's a modest proposal, in the form of an LBO-Talk mini-petition:

RESOLVED, supporters of bombing are not necessarily pro-NATO/KLA/U.S. imperialism, and opponents of bombing are likewise not supporters of Milo/ethnic cleansing. Anybody who explicitly attaches such adjectives or other personal terms of abuse to a person (e.g., "you wimps!", "you lunatic!", "you movement drop-out/burnout") rather to an enunciated doctrine or the implications thereof has to shut up for two days. Doug can adjudicate.

Nobody responded to the Rugova, is he dead or is he alive fandango because it doesn't mean a damn thing. Both governmental sides to this conflict are avid falsifiers and should not be trusted. That's why cross-posting of official propaganda should not persuade anyone of anything. A number of the anti-bombers have aknowledged the practice of atrocities by the Serbs. There should be no issue there. The issue is what course leads to the worst outcome.

> I wonder what Brad "The Big Election Guy" DeLong thinks about NATO
> overriding the elected official Rugova by appealing to the KLA
> thugs for an imprimatur for its imperial adventure.

You might have noted that in this matter, Brad the Big Election Guy (what infamy!) has opposed the NATO policy in Yugoslavia.

Which Rakesh will we see next? Rakesh the mellow, or Rakesh the Rowdy?

mbs

P.S. I too regret Yoshie's departure, though I am probably not the best emissary for persuading her to return.