Fwd: MADRE's Talking Points on Yugoslav Crisis

NM nillo at tao.agoron.com
Fri Apr 2 20:59:27 PST 1999

>NM wrote:
>>
>> Chris, is a list for people who are fans of the LBO and who are
>> generally leftist. Since you are obviously an unrepentant Nazi
>> looking to finish the job the Croats started in World War II, you
>> should unsub from this list and go on with your day job of kicking
>> down doors and strangling Jewish infants.
>
>God damn it, I don't care how provoked you are, cut it out. This is
>destroying what has been a good mailing list.

Another idiot heard from. You've made not a peep after more than a week of people calling other posters social fascists or claiming that they were lunatics who would have been happy to let Hitler overrun Europe. You were silent as it was suggested that facsism needed to be installed in Southern Europe. All of these comments were made seriously. But when someone else designs an inverse comment to show how stupid such facist baiting is *and* points out that the designed statement is false, then you clear your throat and stomp your little foot? And of course, you snip the disclaimer to the comment, because you're so full of moral outrage you lose control of your posting software, is that it? And people wonder why the Left has nothing to say to the general public.

As far as this being a good list, perhaps it was. I've been on for about a month and posting for about two weeks, and have found it to be BELOW the level of USENET in analysis, in the good faith the posters have in one another, and in the intelligence of the net.cops who want to waggle fingers at posters for doing things 1/3 or 1/10 as bad as what passes for normal discourse on this list.

Don't sweat it, WK, I'm unsubbing. A handful of blown-up graduate students and patchouli-oil drenched apologists for a NATO war isn't something I need in my mailbox. If I wanted that, I'd subscribe to a list that doesn't describe itself as left wing.

>> Turnabout is fair play.
>
>Shit is shit.

Shit is the thing pouring out of your keyboard.

>Disgusted and over quota, WDK - WKiernan at concentric.net

In three years, when the troops have been in Albania for a while, I hope you look back at this and realize you were having your little daily shit fit about the wrong thing. Of course, you won't, if you were bright enough to do that, you'd be bright enough to attack the people actually smearing other posters with the "fascist" label, and not those who are against such smears.