Start emergency teach-ins now

Anderson, Bob band at unm.edu
Tue Apr 6 00:42:19 PDT 1999

We are moving toward an emergency teach-in here at the U of New Mexico too. The post-cold war era was a false peace, imperialism has emerged more aggressive and violent than ever. The war has two fronts, the most important, on the US consciousness to allow the war to go on. This far reaching propaganda makes openings too for us, but dangers too. The Green Party, of which I ran for Congress, is a good political response to build as we promote getting off fossil fuels. This won't end capitalism but it will help in this immeidate education and mind expanding context. Space is really key, how do we focus on these instruments of war at this time?