Bleeding Heart Gazette

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Apr 7 13:31:26 PDT 1999

Max Sawicky wrote:

>KOSOVANS RECOUNT MASSACRES 6 Apr. 99

etc.

Max, I don't get your point. I don't think anyone on this list is denying that Serbs have done and continue to do horrible things in Kosovo. The arguments made here instead are that they're not the only guilty ones, that NATO isn't the proper agency to do anything about it, and the U.S. and its allies are using humanitarian concerns to push an imperial agenda. You're doing the same thing Nathan Newman and Chris Burford are - turning any criticism of the bombing into an implied apologetics for Serbia. Clinton, that great humanitarian, would love it if every televised refugee translated into deeper support for the cruise missiles. Why are you so quick to believe the best about him when it comes to high explosives, and so quick to believe the worst when it comes to fiscal policy?

Doug