Kosovo-Metohija

Jim heartfield jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 9 15:57:44 PDT 1999

In message <02b201be82bb$416cd7e0$41517e86 at rosserjb-b000.jmu.edu>, J. Barkley Rosser, Jr. <rosserjb at jmu.edu> writes
> Remarks in response to Jim Heartfield
>and Doug Henwood:
> 1) Jim H.---
> You claim that the KLA was just a US PR operation.
>This lacks credibility.

I thought I said that it was a US-based PR operation. It is the KLA that lacked credibility, and is seeking to make its own population into wards of Nato.

> I don't
>think anybody knows who dropped bombs on Pristina.

As of tonight, we do. Channel 4 news (UK) reports that Nato has admitted that the bomb was theirs.

> The
>remark that it is "obscene" to accuse the Serbs of "bombing
>their own cities" is patently ridiculous on the face of it.

I'm not sure that it is _patently_ ridiculous. The Serb authorities (not the Serbs as a race) may well be capable of attacking Albanian's homes and towns, but in this case it is clear that the bombs were Nato's. It is obscene to try to blame the Serbs for what Nato did.

However, I welcome Barkley's overall approach, and do not want to be too pedantic, so I hope you will accept this as mere nit-picking, next to the important issue of stopping all bombing.

-- Jim heartfield