fighting ideology

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Sat Apr 10 18:13:22 PDT 1999

William S. Lear wrote:

> There is an "element of truth" to Milton Friedman's arguments about inflation
> and the money supply (it's true, there is a correlation, however crude). My
> recognition of this
> does not make me a Monetarist.

I think that you are correct, but Z's point seems to be that once you begin to discuss matters on that terrain, it will be hard to bring matters of class and the like into the discussion. I also suspect that he was not referring to face to face communication, but rather publically held discussions. --

Michael Perelman Economics Department California State University michael at ecst.csuchico.edu Chico, CA 95929 530-898-5321 fax 530-898-5901