genocide

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Tue Apr 13 08:02:54 PDT 1999

[ off-list; I'm already over quota. ]

> This assumes that the Serbian Government = Hitler. Noone has
come even remotely close to establishing that. The "Hitler test" is an argument by analogy. In logic, arguments by analogy are never valid i.e. if the premises are true the conclusion does not necessarily follow.

I think I addressed this in my response to Carroll.

> Also, why self-determination for Kosovo and not autonomy
like it had under Tito? >

Self-determination is the ideal, but I'd settle for just about anything that protected Albanians. Of course, I'm not a Muslim in Kosova. Shouldn't it be up to them?

> Not all Kosovo Albanians support independance.
> These people have been
> threatened and in some instances been killed by the
> KLA. There is also the
> question of the Serb minority in Kosovo.
> Some have argued on this list, that because there is
supposedly no evidence of the political nature of the KLA, the KLA should be armed by NATO. This is an argument against arming the KLA. Would you give a gun to a complete stranger knowing that he is going to use the gun but you don't know who on? >

If I had the luxury of time to investigate I would use it. If I didn't, I'd have to make a decision based on what I know (not much), and in light of what I suspect to be happening in Kosova (extremely bad). For instance, if the rally I'd gone to had a Taliban aspect, I would be more cautious in saying the KLA should be armed. Based on what I suspect, right now I'd arm the KLA.

> Sam Pawlett

> Long Live NATO!

I've explained how I'm agin' NATO.

> No to Peaceful Negotiation of Conflicts!

No justice, no peace.

> Long Live the B-2 bomber and Cruise Missiles!

God bless bombs falling on the heads of Serb military, and god damn the rest.

Cheers,

mbs