[PEN-L:5242] What's My Line

Rob Schaap rws at comserver.canberra.edu.au
Tue Apr 13 16:15:47 PDT 1999

Did I hear General Clarke right? He says the pilot who attacked the train bridge 'intently' looked at his monitor, and noticed the train on the bridge only at the last second, when it was no longer possible to divert or abort.

The bit where I spill my morning cuppa follows: the 'same thing' happens when the pilot TURNS BACK for a second attack - the train he just saw now being shrouded by the smoke ensuing from the first strike?!

Surely they can lie better than this? Or don't they feel they need to?

Rob.