war powers act

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Fri Apr 16 11:53:55 PDT 1999

> Max Sawicky wrote:
>
> >It doesn't mean shit. We dwell not on liberal
> shibboleths on the
> >rule of law. Ha! Imperialist law is more like it. No, the
> >interests of the working class are paramount, and more
> >specifically the national rights of Kosovars against the
> >extremely brutal state-capitalist slugs ruling Serbia.
> >
> >You liberals. Um um um.
>
> Ok, let me see if I get this straight. The point of the
bombing, Clinton tells us in war reason #47, is to establish multi-ethnic democracy (in a region where the nationalists have won all the elections) and the rule of law. To do this, the U.S. violates international law, by launching an attack on a sovereign nation (as repellent as its rulers are), and the president violates U.S. law. But somehow this will reinforce the rule of law in the long run. Ingenious. >
> Doug

Comrade D., listen not to the imperialists' forked-tongues but look to their foul deeds. Rule of law is a capitalist construction which they knock down and rebuild at their leisure. Their aim is not human liberation but expansion of the imperial mandate over their once-and-future collaborator, the hideous Slobbo. The first principle is the liberation of Kosovars, their right to self-determination in the face of an oppressor for whom legitimacy is forfeit. By dint of his bestial, anti-popular suppression of the Kosovar minority, the hideous Slobbo certifies his incapacity to rule justly over a democratic, secular state. Dwell not on the hypocrisies of imperialism, but on the strivings of the people against the oppressor.

The UnLouis Flashback, Md.