The Nation on Kosovo - Pro-intervention

Michael Yates mikey+ at pitt.edu
Fri Apr 16 11:56:26 PDT 1999

Freinds,

I remember a conference at my college many years ago. Over lunch, Barry Bluestone started singing Kinnock's praises ( a number of years afterward, Bluestone suggested that autoworkers guarantee the companies enormous increases in productivity--christ, aren't the social democrats wonderful). Paul Sweezy cut him short with some extremely negative remarks about Kinnock's half-assed politics. Harry Magdoff chimed in. Made my day.

michael yates