Marx and the American Civil War (was Re: Realism in Eastern Europe)

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Sun Apr 18 12:17:08 PDT 1999

0h my God! Now I have given Max a cerebral trauma!

In truth, when people support policies that go against their personal self interest, I'm inclined to give them a closer hearing. As to the call for Nathan to enlist, I have always been struck by the fact that those who have actually engaged in war, tend to be less bellicose, although not in every case.

Perhaps, it is different in Aleve, Md.

--

Michael Perelman Economics Department California State University michael at ecst.csuchico.edu Chico, CA 95929 530-898-5321 fax 530-898-5901