[Fwd: Social democracy betrayed -- Le Monde diplomatique]

Seth Ackerman SAckerman at FAIR.org
Mon Apr 19 13:29:49 PDT 1999

I agree. But that applies to all multinationals, not just Western ones. Just 100 years ago, Sweden was a poorer country than Argentina. Since then, it has become rich through industrialization and exports -- just as China has. Plus, the nature of Swedish foreign policy over the years leads one to the conclusion that if Sweden somehow became a serious counterweight to the U.S., the Third World would be much better off.