Learning Curves (was Re: Nathan's gone)

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Tue Apr 20 10:56:18 PDT 1999

On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, Dennis Breslin wrote:

> I hate to waste my first and maybe only posting for list-keep stuff,
> but given the name-calling and folks questioning one another's
> intelligence, morality, or god forbid lack of theoretical consistency,
> I'm still waiting for the discussions to advance to phase 2. Hmmm...
> Given the big dick thread, seems to me that despite all the erudition,
> some folks are suffering from a steep learning curve on how to
> communicate...
>
> DB

Sorry folks, but this is a pet peeve. For those unclear on the concept, a learning curve plots learning(y-axis) vs. time (x-axis). Lots of learning in a little bit of time = steep learning curve = Good Thing; which, I think, is not what Dennis was trying to say.

Joseph Noonan jfn1 at msc.com

If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution.

-Emma Goldman