The Bourgeois Right to Bear Arms

Enrique Diaz-Alvarez enrique at anise.ee.cornell.edu
Wed Apr 21 08:00:37 PDT 1999

Jordan Hayes wrote:

> 75 religious zealots holed up in a cabin? No way. 60M armed citizens
> spread across the country? That's something completely different. See,
> you can't just kill them all. It's a deterrent. And it's real.

OK, you've had about 200 years to test this absurd hypothesis. Care to give me one instance in which one could claim that the US government was deterred from doing something nasty to somebody for fear of its "armed citizenry"?

-- Enrique Diaz-Alvarez Office # (607) 255 5034 Electrical Engineering Home # (607) 272 4808 112 Phillips Hall Fax # (607) 255 4565 Cornell University mailto:enrique at ee.cornell.edu Ithaca, NY 14853 http://peta.ee.cornell.edu/~enrique