The Bourgeois Right to Bear Arms

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Apr 21 10:59:27 PDT 1999

At 11:53 AM 4/21/99 -0400, Emma Chissitt wrote:
>Oh please. Nothing like homogenizing an entire group of people. Do you
even
>know any law-abiding NRA psychopaths?

I had a chance to read some of their spewings on the net. I also read letters they wrote to an "elected representative" I once worked for. Scary stuff. These folks are not only paranoid, but they really think they have the god-given right to shoot anyone they do not like or perceive as threat.

I cannot imagine how a sane person would want to be in any way associated with that crowd.

As the psychologist Philip Zimbardo once commented, when one person is having delusions, that person is committed to an institution, but if a group of people is having delusions, those delusions suddently become a "point of view" protected by the Constitution. I am pretty sure he had the gun toting defenders of the Amerikkkan way of life in mind.

Wojtek