economic situation in yugoslavia

Steven Matthews steve at panix.com
Wed Apr 21 18:56:20 PDT 1999

At 20:54 -0400 4/21/99, Jean Christophe Helary wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I would appreciate to be given some references about the economic situation
>in Yugoslavia from the early seventies.

I just read a very interesting article on this today, titled "IMF 'shock therapy' and the recolonisation of the Balkans", at http://www.wsws.org/articles/1999/apr1999/imf-a17.shtml

Apart from the author's own analysis, sources include Michel Chussodovsky, The Globalisation of Poverty; Susan Woodward, Balkan Tragedy; Doug Henwood, Wall Street; Asad Ismi, "Plunder With a Human Face", Z magazine February 1998; and Michael Barratt Brown, "The War in Yugoslavia and the Debt Burden" in Capital and Class No 50, 1993.

Steven Matthews