race & murder

kayak3 kayak3 at bouldernews.infi.net
Fri Apr 23 09:53:26 PDT 1999

Charles Brown wrote:

> Which contradicts the NYT'S REPORT AND CLAIMS of the father's earlier statments. Just because the NYT says it , doesn't mean it is true. As a matter of fact if the NYT says it , it should be consider critically.
>
> See for example, _Inventing Reality_ by Michael Parenti
>
> Charles Brown

> maggie wrote:
>
> >>However, the media is interviewing the father of the black athlete who >>was killed, and the father is doing an excellent job getting out the >>message that his son was killed BECAUSE he was black.
>
> which contradicts the father's earlier statements.
>
> from the nyt:
>
> After the shootings, there were accounts that the gunmen
> had sought out black students and athletes. But Isaiah
> Shoels, who is black, may have been shot because of the
> old conflict, his father said.
>
> complete story can be found at:
>
> http://search.nytimes.com/search/daily/bin/fastweb?getdoc+site+site+22690+0+wAAA+victims%7EAND%7Eblack%7EAND%7Elittleton
>
> kirsten

The one perpitrator named Dylan was known to have expressed racist sentiment to other classmates. On the other hand Erik, the ringlinger expressed opposite views in chat groups. A derect quote of one of these statements was published in the Rocky Mountain News. Erik states that he hates racists and stated that "if you persicute someone because of the the color of their skin then I'll kill you also." So one of the boys may have been targeting blacks but the other seems doubtful. Someone else earlier in the thread accused them of targeting females. As the count stands, 10 of the those killed were boys, one black, the other 4 were girls. I don't have the count for the injured who have survived. Let's wait till we have all the information before we start making accusations.