The People's Right to Bear Arms

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sat Apr 24 03:40:59 PDT 1999

On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Jordan Hayes wrote:

> AUTOMATIC WEAPONS HAVE BEEN MOSTLY ILLEGAL AND HARD TO GET IN THE US
> SINCE THE 1930's.

Really? I was under the impression that it was a simple operation to turn a semi-automatic AK-47, MAC-10, TEC-9 or UZI into an automatic. An illegal operation, but a simple one, like taking the catalytic converter off your car. And that all of these weapons were currently retailing in semi-automatic versions. Is this not true? I'm open to learn from someone who knows more about guns.

> it makes me sick to even read the rest of your post.

You get easily aroused. I'm glad you're not armed.