Race & Murder

EmaChissit at cs.com EmaChissit at cs.com
Sun Apr 25 21:09:32 PDT 1999

Maggie wrote:

>I agree with Rakesh's message (printed below) and Charles Brown's comments
on
>the issue of race. All the victims could have been white, that is not what
>mattered. And it also doesn't matter that 'real' nazis would see the
>shooters as spoiled and inadequate. The shooting took place because the
>black trench coat gang BELIEVED that blacks are inferior to whites and saw
>nazism as a way of expressing that. It was the racist concepts which drove
>the action -- 'how dare those white jocks accept blacks before they accept
>us'.

This all MAY be true. But where is evidence that this is what they believed?

Where is your evidence that racism was THE primary motive for this shooting spree? How was it that racist concepts drove the action? How can you ignore all the other evidence that suggests that racism was a factor, but surely not the ONLY thing that "drove the action"?

Emma Chissitt