Race & Murder

Jim heartfield jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk
Mon Apr 26 00:24:52 PDT 1999

In message <3.0.5.32.19990426020824.0084dab0 at mail.netzero.net>, Mark Rickling <rickling at netzero.net> writes

to Emma

>Can you refer me to the exact passage in which someone either implicitly or
>explicitly states that race was *the only* factor leading to the Columbine
>shootings, *to the exclusion of all other explanations*?

But Emma already quoted Maggie

The shooting took place because the
>black trench coat gang BELIEVED that blacks are inferior to whites and saw
>nazism as a way of expressing that. It was the racist concepts which drove
>the action

Maggie also suggested that the fact that the victims were overwhelmingly white did not mean that this was not a race killing - which seems a bit far-fetched to me. Racism normally implies that you think your own race is superior to other races - not that they too should be exterminated.

The desire to fit these killings into the template of race murders is sheer dogmatism. Is the difference between these killings and the Howard Beach or Rodney King attacks not obvious? It is to me. -- Jim heartfield