welfare coverage

J. Barkley Rosser, Jr. rosserjb at jmu.edu
Mon Apr 26 14:24:53 PDT 1999

Well, there was an excellent letter in the Washington Post this morning from Carol Fennelly that pointed out that the bottom line on all this should be reducing poverty, that all these governors and others (Clinton) are patting themselves on the back because welfare rolls are down (and employment is up, making the former easier to pull off). But the poverty rate has barely budged. Bah! Barkley Rosser -----Original Message----- From: christian a. gregory <cgregory at nwe.ufl.edu> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Sunday, April 25, 1999 10:43 PM Subject: Re: welfare coverage