bad language

Jim heartfield jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk
Mon Apr 26 11:04:41 PDT 1999

In message <v02130500630bdacc1b1f@[128.112.71.32]>, Rakesh Bhandari <bhandari at phoenix.Princeton.EDU> writes

> I was swearing not so much at you as any attempt to get
>me to empathize with these killers for their anti conformism, iconoclasm,
>anomie or torment; it is also not possible for me to characterise their
>racism as only shock value epithets.

No, I'm sorry, Rakesh, I did not mean to get up on my high horse. Of course, on calmer reflection I appreciate your point. I really do not want you to sympathise with these killers. I certainly do not sympathise with them. If I gave that impression then I deserved to be pulled up.

My substantial disagreement is whether their motivations can be accounted as racial, or more broadly misanthropic. But I guess both sides in this debate have been well-exercised by now.

And if I really had stopped reading Rakesh's posts, then only I would have been the loser.

Fraternally -- Jim heartfield