Littleton massacre (2)

Mon Apr 26 20:29:37 PDT 1999

Oops I discover as I skim through these posts that Greg disagrees with me to the point of trying to caricature my reactions--fucking political scientists. I hope that my last message gave a little more plausibility to my intuition or reaction (I would certainly not call it an analysis). By the way, Klebold and Harris, like Greg's oft drunk but now dead truck driver, may have indeed been let off easily for past crimes. Well to do kids do have that privilige which I was stupid enough never to use. I am not saying they should have been locked down like poor kids but certainly more concern for their development would have been likely justified after their release. They seem to have got off easy, kinda like OJ after he beat the hell out of Nicole. Both the murderous tandem and the Juicer may have had a sense of invulnerability as a result. All this may be invalidated by evidence in tomorrow's NYT or a new post tomorrow. It's just my reaction at this point.

Yours, Rakesh