gummo again

Jennifer A Young CLEANBYRD at prodigy.net
Tue Apr 27 22:09:12 PDT 1999

-----Original Message----- From: rc-am <rcollins at netlink.com.au>

I saw
>this film hemmed in between people who really thought they were watching a
>national geographic doco.

Dear Angela,

One thing I questioned after seeing the film was how could the producers get away with exploiting the children and the mentally retarded people in the show. I'm sure the folks were paid well (or maybe not) for their performances, but I don't think the children and mentally retarded folks women would understand the implications of what they were doing. The guardians of these innocents must be creeps. Hope I don't sound like a prude, but the whole show was explotative and in very poor taste to say the least. Damn, I thought I was done with this nightmare!

Jennifer