Windows/software

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Tue Aug 3 11:57:47 PDT 1999

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Ha. I love hearing stories like this. Can you pull a Windows PC out
> of a box and have it running on an Ethernet network inside 10 minutes?

Yes, I do it several times a week. (That doesn't mean it won't crash for some other reason.) I think GatesWare is pretty poor -- especially so for the amount of time, money, and effort that goes into engineering it -- but I see no reason to exaggerate its flaws.

> Renewing my membership in the Steve Jobs fanclub,

Steve Jobs is a new age fascist a la Jerry Brown. And all those black collarless shirts just underscore my point. Ick.

Joseph Noonan jfn1 at msc.com