our way of life

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Thu Aug 5 07:57:45 PDT 1999

[apologies if this appears twice -- am having e-mail problems]

> I liked what she did with the New Yorker too.

Bare, ruined choirs, where late the sweet birds sang. I guess you could say the NYer was already an anachronism when Tabloid Tina sashayed into town. But I would accuse her of mutilating a corpse.

> Hillary's explanation of the Kosovo war is a beaut: "I urged him to
> bomb; I supported him. You cannot let this go on at the end of a
> century that has seen the major holocaust of our time. What do we
> have NATO for if not to defend our way of life?"

(Sigh) Once again, there's no lesser of two evils, is there? Maybe I'll just sit the Senate race out.

Carl