Hoskins on CM

James Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Thu Aug 12 07:25:31 PDT 1999

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999 16:40:08 +0300 "elena" <spectra at rousse.bg400.bg> writes:
>Why did they ban evolutionism?
>This is from another list
>>Hi all!
>>I've just read in the Portuguese press that the Kansas Education
>Council
>>has banned evolutionism from school books. Is this true?

Well, they didn't strictly ban the teaching of evolution. What they did was to eliminate from state curricula guidlines any requirements that evolution be taught as part of the science curricula. This in turn opens the door for local school boards in Kansas to eliminate the teaching of evolution in their school systems. One suspects and hopes that this will be struck down in the courts but in the mean time creationists and the religious right can with reason crow about this latest victory, as Kansas takes a big leap back to the Dark Ages.

Jim Farmelant

___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj.